A volunteer panel of planners as well as the private sector have been developing the Code over the last year. The UDC combines and streamlines the various rules in the city of Lafayette and unincorporated Lafayette Parish governing commercial and residential real-estate development as part of the overall comprehensive plan, PlanLafayette, already approved by the City-Parish Council.
The council is expected to vote on accepting the UDC, pending the Planning Commission’s adoption, in early May.
The UDC workshops are as follows:
● March 5, 8-11 a.m. - Targeting Builders, Developers and Realtors, held at Acadian Home Builders Association offices, 135 North Domingue Avenue
● March 6, 8-11 a.m. - Targeting Architects and Engineers
● March 10, 1:30-4:30 p.m. - Targeting Builders, Developers and Realtors
● March 10, 5:30 p.m. - Targeting Downtown Stakeholders, held at Jefferson Street Pub, 500 Jefferson Street
● March 12, 8:00-11:00 a.m. - All professional groups are encouraged to attend
● March 13, 1:30- 4:30 p.m. - Targeting Engineers with Architects welcomed