Local branding and marketing communications firm RUSSO is holding a social media webinar for parents on June 30 at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
“Being a parent in 2015 is tough — especially in an age where your kids need to be online,” says owner Jaci Russo of the program the firm has dubbed Developing Digital Citizens. “And for many moms and dads, there’s a handicap in which the kids know much more about navigating the web than their own parents. So how can you be on top of their online activity when they’re always a few steps ahead of you?”
Russo’s objective is to provide structure and guidance for parents to keep their children safe on social media and beyond. She will provide tips and tricks to help moms and dads oversee and govern online usage in their households.
Some of the topics Developing Digital Citizens will cover:
• Digging deep into where your kids spend time on line.
• Discovering parallels between online and in-person behavior.
• Explaining realistic options for monitoring their social media behavior.
• Uncovering the psychology behind why kids post what they do.
• Addressing cyberbullying and how you can prevent it from happening to your own child.
• Providing tips for being a better social guardian at home and online.
Russo will also provide copies of the presentation upon request so parents can share with family members and refer back to for guidance. Interested parents can register at brandrusso.com/digital-citizens for this $79 hour-long webinar.
For more information, contact Stacy Maggard at email@example.com.