River Oaks Catering and Event Center was once again the gathering place for ABiz’s annual Women Who Mean Business Awards, a program now in its 16th year. This year’s honorees were Missy Rogers, Pascale Henry, Ginger Louviere, Cynthia Simien, Luranie Richard, Carlee Alm-LaBar, Allyson Pharr and Carol Trosclair. The 2015 Trailblazer was Dr. Carolyn Bruder. Each year IberiaBank and LHC Group underwrite the event as presenting co-sponsors and Courtesy Automotive Group serves as VIP Parking sponsor. Paul’s Jewelry and Republic Wholesale create special commemorative gifts for each honoree, and Flowers Etc. provides corsages. View more images in an online gallery at theind.com.
1. WWMB honoroees: Cynthia Simien, Allyson Pharr, Dr. Carolyn Bruder (Trailblazer), Carol Trosclair, Pascale Henry, Maj. Luranie Richard, Ginger Louviere and Missy Rogers (not pictured is Carlee Alm-LaBar)
2. Terrance Simien
3. Dr. Carolyn Bruder
4. Jerry Vascocu
5. Brandy Arnett, Meagan Bennett and Shannon Lynd
6. Maj. Luranie Richard
7. The Rev. Ann Sutton
8. Brittany Johnson, Pilar Eble and Kathy Rosenberg
9. Jennifer LeMeunier, Liz Viator, Susan Allardyce and June Picard
A sold-out crowd honored the Lafayette Bar Association’s outstanding members for 2015 at the Hall of Fame Banquet held at La Marquis in Parc Lafayette. Added to LPB’s Hall of Fame are James J. Davidson III, Joel Gooch, John Jeansonne Jr., Patrick Juneau and Timothy McNamara; posthumous honorees are J.J. Davidson Jr. and Judge James Domengeaux. Miles Matt received the President’s Award, and Cliff LaCour was selected for the Outstanding Young Lawyer award.
1. Cliff LaCour and Trey Hightower
2. J. J. Davidson III, Kyle Gideon and Glenn Edwards
3. Kathleen and Judge Richard Haik
4. Ret. Judge Don Aaron and Jim Roy
5. Bob Wright and Paul Gibson