ABiz's 2015 Entrepreneur of the Year symposium was held in early November at the Cajundome Convention Center. The second annual symposium honored Butch Darce, chairman and CEO of Taylors International Services, as the ABiz Entrepreneur of the Year for 2015. Cathi Pavy, partner and creative director for BBR Creative, received the first-ever Jillian Johnson Award for Entrepreneurship in the Creative Economy. Darce and Pavy were joined on stage for the discussion by Seenu Kasturi, CEO of Lafayettebased Blue Victory Holdings. The event was moderated by The Opportunity Machine’s Zachary Barker. Regions Insurance and Regions Bank are presenting co-sponsors of the event, and Andrus Boudreaux Complete Title is sustaining sponsor.
1. Shawn Hubbard
2. Philip Boudreaux, Sara Tannehill Zuschlag and Steven Ramos
3. Pete Prados and George Marks
4. Front row: Jamie Tarpley, Taylor Foster, Trista Abshire, Dorothy Darce, Butch Darce, Jorge Cosenza, Ramona Moore Back row: Tarik K. Masri, Barry Johnson, Terry Aucoin and Kim Broussard
5. Zachary Barker, Seenu Kasturi, Cathi Pavy and Butch Darce
6. Andre Comeaux, Brother Marine, Stephanie Comeaux, Shawn Hubbard and Courtney Bustle