The day in question, Sunday, Jan. 22, began ordinarily enough for the woman who would celebrate her 75th birthday. Under the guise of picking up a bottle of wine on the way to a friend’s house, Hilary was surprised by a room full of well-wishers, including her four children: Carlos Hurst from Baton Rouge, Loren Parsons from Steamboat Springs, Colo., Andrew Slaughter, fresh off a flight from San Francisco, and local John D. Slaughter, all donning photo masks of her image.
Food, drink and merriment coupled with a healthy dose of hugs, kisses and lots of love was the order of the day for Hilary. The smile never left her face.
1. Andrew Slaughter, Carlos Hurst, Jack Slaughter, Loren Parsons and John D. Slaughter
2. John Slaughter, John D. Slaughter, Loren Parsons, Jack Slaughter, Hilary Slaughter and Carlos Hurst
3. Hilary Slaughter and Floyd Guidry
4. Shawne Major, Pascale Henry, Hilary Slaughter, Yvette Chappuis Kent and Dominick Cross
5. Dot Meriwether, Michele Valot and Pascale Henry
6. Front row, left to right: Arla Slaughter, John D. Slaughter, Jack Slaughter, Hunter Hurst, Hilary Slaughter, Colt Hurst, Beth Hurst and Loren Parsons; back row: Carlos Hurst, Andrew Slaughter and John Slaughter