ABiz was recently on the scene for this year's Go Red luncheon and the705's kickoff for 2013.
It was the liveliest Go Red luncheon in Lafayette history, thanks in large part to new sponsor LHC Group, whose volunteer staff got the Hilton ballroom rocking to The Black Eyed Peas pre-luncheon and amped up the program by securing keynote speaker Luci Arnaz for the main event. Honorary chair Tyla Hudspeth and others shared touching personal stories of how heart disease can strike a family unexpectedly and be prevented with simple lifestyle changes. From the silent auction to the ever-popular red purse raffle, the record crowd shared a day of giving, learning and a celebration of life.
1. Luci Arnaz
2. Julie Calzone and Monica Brown
3. Chantelle Pontiff Cormier and Doreen Hollier
4. Rose Hoffman Cormier
5. Michelle Fontenot, Jaketha Green and Tracy Harris
6. Tyla Hudspeth
7. Keith Myers
8. Michelle Fontenot and David Fontenot
9. Kim Bolden, Janet Bergeron and Nancy Quebedeaux
10. Jane Barras, Kristin Burn, Jessica Badeaux, Kim Henry and Lisa LeBleu (standing)
11. Patricia Shay, Diana Hebert, Cheryl Taylor Bowie and Lisa Sheppert (standing)
City-Parish President Joey Durel and CAO Dee Stanley joined the705 for its 2013 kickoff meeting Jan. 17 at the Clifton Chenier Center. The theme of the meeting was planning the year and getting involved, and the government leaders used the platform to emphasize community involvement to the group of young professionals.
In recognition of its commitment to equal justice, Laborde & Neuner was honored at two separate events the week of Jan. 21. The week kicked off with the Lafayette Bar Association's Champions of Justice Annual Awards Breakfast, where the firm received the Large Firm Award for the sixth consecutive year. The award recognizes the firm's high volume of volunteer service through the numerous programs offered by the Lafayette Parish Bar Foundation. Will Montz, Cliff LaCour and Jeffrey Coreil were also individually presented with Outstanding Attorney Awards. Laborde & Neuner was also recognized at the national level by the National Legal Services Corp. in a ceremony held at the Louisiana Supreme Court.
1. the705 members
2. Joey Durel and Dee Stanley
3. Kate Durio, Stafford Barnett and Alicia LeBouef
4. Kyle Pujol, Liz Webb and Nancy Barker
5. Jeremy Broussard, Nick Francois and Blake Cormier
6. Jeff Coreil, Joe Oelkers, Frank Neuner, Susan Jones, Cliff Lacour and Will Montz