Spring's best trends are a symphony of style - diverse with individual pieces as varied as the notes of an unforgettable song. From fluttering sleeves of soft mint green to distressed denim and skull print, this season's options offer a bit for everyone, whether you're a soulful folk artist or an edgy rocker. To show off just these sorts of wares we called on a diverse group of local musicians and spent the day at Dockside Studios making some sweet music.
**Photography Robin May
**Fashion Coordinator Amanda Bedgood
**Shot on location at Dockside Studios
**Makeup and hair for Cezanne, Christine, Megan and Andrea by Cabelo
Makeup and hair for Chelsea by Virginia Fuselier-Goetting for Salon NV
Photos by Robin May
Megan Brown has the voice of an angel, but these shiny rocker girl jeans are anything but sweet. Jeans paired with a hi-low heather grey top with sheer details and a bullet necklace with reptile-trimmed heels, all from Shoe La La. Chelsea Ellison is ever the edgy gal in skull print leggings and flowy black tank from Bevo's.
1. Christine Balfa in vivid slim jeans, flowy black cowl neck top and bold turquoise necklace from Vanessa V. strikes a chord with Megan Brown in a body con, native print dress from Vertage and crocheted vest.
2. Andrea Cohen in a ladylike blue dress and layered lockets from Maven Womenswear with Cezanne Wish Nails in fresh flared white denim and soft mint top accented with Erica Courtney necklace. Shoes are their own.
3. Sam Broussard in a distressed button-down paired with a vest and dark denim is the rocker and gentleman at once. Clothing from F. Camalo. Shoes his own. Patrick Flanagan in a short sleeve button-down with hints of native inspiration keeps things easy with a pair of Tom's, all from Geneterie Supply Co.
4. Sam Broussard is the man in black with a too-cool jacket and tough boots from Maven Menswear. Cezanne Wish Nails keeps it black and white with a tuxedo pant and springy white blazer paired with sparkling Erica Courtney jewelry, all from kiki.
5. Patrick Flanagan in a standout Robert Graham printed shirt, faded True Religion jeans and men's color-trimmed shoes by Cole Haan from Brother's rocks it out with Chelsea Ellison in a snug mini from Hemline topped with a stone-washed jean jacket.
6. Andrea Cohen pulls off a midi length skirt in one of spring's hottest shades - poppy - with trend worthy lace and natural cork wedges. Clothing from Knotting Hill and shoes from Shoe La La. Christine Balfa proves a vivid warm hue when paired with white gets fresh. Her open weave sweater over skinny dark jeggings is from Little Town.