Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s deputy John P. Rogers will make his bid for sheriff official next week with a press conference Monday at the Blue Dog Cafe.
Rogers has been in law enforcement 15 years (all with LPSO), he holds a law degree from Southern University and currently works as a litigation specialist heading the Risk Management division of the sheriff's office.
According to a release issued Thursday, Rogers will officially announce his campaign at 4 p.m. Monday at the Blue Dog Cafe.
Thursday's press release also includes a brief look at Rogers' résumé:
• Deputy Sheriff with Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office
• Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office Enforcement Division at the Lafayette Parish Court House, University Medical Center and the Lafayette Regional Airport.
• Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office Uniform Patrol Division
• Case Agent to the Lafayette Metro Narcotics Task Force and the Intelligence Section of Metro Narcotics.
• Third party administrator for the Louisiana Office of Risk Management, working with the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development, the Louisiana Judiciary, the Louisiana Department of Parks and Recreation and the Attorney General’s Office.
• Currently works as a Litigation Specialist and Department Head for Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office of Risk Management
A second announcement is also set for next week, from attorney Mark Garber on Tuesday. Along with Scott Police Chief Chad Leger — who announced his campaign back in January, becoming the first official candidate in the race — next week’s announcements from Rogers and Garber will bring the list of officially-announced candidates seeking to replace Sheriff Mike Neustrom to three.
Read more here.