Medical personnel and supporters gathered at Picard Park in Milton for the 6th Annual Charity Softball Tournament & 2nd Annual Jambalaya Cook-Off.
Medical personnel and supporters gathered at Picard Park in Milton for the 6th Annual Charity Softball Tournament & 2nd Annual Jambalaya Cook-Off benefitting the United Way of Acadiana. Teams including The Painkillers from Women's and Children's surgical unit, the Bone Crunchers of Dr. Gabriel Dersam's orthopedic group and the Critical Hitters from Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital batted it out on a gorgeous day in the park. Simone and Penn Tomkins from Iberia Medical Center won the Battle for the Paddle with their prize-winning jambalaya.
The Krewe of Bonaparte resurrected its royalty for its Annual Fall Party at City Club in River Ranch. Commemorating the krewe's 40th anniversary, the King Napoleons and Queen Josephines from the past donned their (still) fitting finery at a special preview party. Then, the rest of the ghosts, goblins and Sponge-Bobs danced the night away to haunting tunes from the '70s and '80s played by the Andy Smith Band.
(1) Battle of the Paddle Winners Simone and Penn Tomkins
(2) Team Dauterive Hospital
(3) Trevis Badeaux with jambalaya judges Leslie Carbo and Rob Mallia
(4) Dawn and Milton Fuqua as the Blues Brothers
(5) Donna Moliere and Dave Ernest
(6) Gail and Gerald Abshire
(7) Susan Holliday and John Claude Arceneaux
(8) Jack and Marilyn Castle
(9) Marty and Lee Audiffred, and Darren and Michelle Guidry
(10) Nancy Landry and Kim Landry
(11) Stacy Montesano and Dan Hare