Artmosphere's monthly The Rebel Rousers Rockabilly & Outlaw Country Revue has been moved to tonight due to Mardi Gras.
Artmosphere's monthly The Rebel Rousers Rockabilly & Outlaw Country Revue has been moved to tonight due tomorrow's Rio parade.
Every month, one of Artmosphere's most popular events happens to coincide with downtown Lafayette's ArtWalk. The Rebel Rousers Rockabilly & Outlaw Country Revue, put on by local sound engineer and talent promoter Judd Kennedy, features the best of Americana music coupled with some of the best young, local artists around.
Tonight the line-up features MEGAN JEAN & THE KFB, The Von Dukes and Jim Pharis performing inside Artmosphere. Outside are the artists on the spacious patio.
Don't be afraid of the rain - there are overhangs and frankly, Louisiana has a lot of rain, so if you make like the Wicked Witch of the West every time it sprinkles you won't leave your house ever. This is a great chance to pick up some local art for a good price and replace some of those blacklight posters or Anne Geddes abominations. These artists are unusual and are for unusual tastes.
- pottery by Cassandra Ann Larousse
- Voodoo Art and Jewelry by Jennifer Woodson
- paintings by Ninajz
- mixed media by Autopsy Anne
- jewelry by Brandi Eliane
- paintings by Max Fritz
- paintings by Jackie Levan
- clothing and paintings by Nicky Armond
- photography by Myke Magyck
- clothing by Brittnay Warrick Jones
- dolls and paintings by Cliodna Fae
- drawings by Mandi Hidalgo
- paintings by Cootie Von Ghoul
- digital arts by Hal Moore
- silk screens and paintings by Jared Guillot
- painted skulls by Christen Lester
- dolls and photography by Ugly Shyla
- photography by Love House
- jewelry by Natalia Faye Delbalzo
See? Painted skulls. The weird and awesome is found here tonight. Art show and sale starts at 6 p.m. and music begins a few hours later. Artmosphere is located at the corner of Convent St. and Johnston St. Heads up for the Mardi Gras barricades - they are lining the roads, not blocking any traffic until tomorrow. For links to the artists and bands, click here.